Tuesday, October 16, 2007

LIFW

Lakme India Fashion Week is in full swing in Bombay.




From what I've seen so far, there have been more misses than hits, like these disasters below:




But to be fair, people like Sabyasachi


and Narendra Kumar never disappoint.






(even if NK sometimes looks a bit derivative... Alberta Feretti and Dior anyone?)





More hits and misses to come.
(Pics courtesy http://specials.rediff.com/getahead/2007/oct/14pkp8.htm, style.com, sify.com - bear with me if some of these are from April's show - the picture sources aren't always the most scrupulous with dates).















2 comments:

Priya Giri Desai said...

hilarious. that first pic you posted (psychedelic yellow/aqua) was the only thing i remembered. didn't even love sabyasachi's traditional looks...prefer his dresses in NY, innit?

Nitasha said...

Thanks for stopping by, P! Sabyasachi's collection was pretty boring. I guess I always give him credit for making things in his own style that I'd be happy to wear (which is more than I can say for most of the others!).