Friday, June 6, 2008

Book Review published!


Verve magazine in India published a modified version of a book review I wrote in May of Jhumpa Lahiri's new book. I'm still undecided about her writing - there are things I love, and things that I'm ambivalent about, like her style. While I'm always moved by her stories and enjoy reading them, I'm somehow left with the impression that I'm reading a work in progress. But who am I to argue with the millions who connect to her writing in a way that other writers can only dream of? Very curious about her next book and still stunned by the ridiculously large audiences that waited to hear her read in Boston in April. Star power, for sure!

1 comment:

Priya Giri Desai said...

congrats on being published! fantastic! can't wait to read more of your works. xo - priya